And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath His eyes like unto a flame of fire, and His feet are like fine brass; I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works, and the last to be more than the first. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent or their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am He which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star. he that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Attribute: “The Son of God, who hath His eyes like unto a flame of fire, and His feet are like fine brass.”
Attribute applied: Jesus says: “ I know:
- your works
- your patience
- your works
“Not withstanding I have a few things against thee”...
This church has allowed 'that woman Jezebel' in that teaches sexual impurity and to eat things sacrificed unto idols and is causing others to fall from the Lord through deceptions of this kind of sin. It needs to be noted here that Jesus says if verse 21 'And I gave her space to repent of her fornication and she repented not.' The Lord always gives time to repent; for some, it can be for as long as their natural life is but not for others such as this woman.
This sin that the church has allowed in has long effects. Any sin does: It effects those around us for a long ways. If a person could see the effects what he or she does and says, I wonder would we do and say some of the things we do and say? We think no one will know or care, but people do. Look at the world today, at the mess we are all in. This is the effects of someones' sin.
Attribute applied: The Lord is demanding purity from them and from us, that is the reason for the “His eyes like unto a flame of fire, and feet like fine brass” which represents purity.
Fire burns, it burns hot, It cleanses and makes pure. This church and us today needs to repent and let the Word cleanse us from the impurities we have allowed into our lives. His eyes: because He sees into our very being and knows the truth of our lives, what we think, if what we are doing is in right-standing or a show.
Brass represent oneness with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Brass is an alloy of zinc and copper and is a substitutional alloy. (Jesus took our place on the cross and paid for our sin so we don’t have too--we couldn’t anyway.) It is used in place of gold (we are here to be the light, hands, feet of Jesus.) Jesus is the propitiation of our sin through faith. (Propitiation "is viewed as appeasing divine justice and effecting reconciliation between God and man." *) Romans 3:25, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:10
- Brass is resistant to tarnishing and is a natural germicidal. When we are walking in God Word-studying it, living it, confessing it, sin and sickness must flee and die.
- Brass has malleability--it is capable of being reshaped or extended by beating with a hammer or by pressure of rollers. And is an easy material to cast. We must let the Potter make us into what He wants us to be--Righteous, over-comers, living in victory and without sin.
- Brass has acoustic properties--we are to make melody in our hearts to the Lord. We are to sing His praises and worship Him
- Brass becomes stronger and self healing when aluminum is mixed with it. I had asked the Lord about this: “Why not mix aluminum in with the zinc and copper?” His answer was immediate: “ Because I don’t want you to be hard hearted but tender-hearted to the needs of other and you can not heal yourself. I am your Healer!”
- This brass alloy must be produced with great care, with special attention placed on a balanced composition and proper production temperatures and parameter to avoid long-term failures. God has taken great care to make sure of our success in Him!! The word alloy means: *A state as to being mixed with base metals; comparative purity. A substance composed of two or more metals INTIMATELY mixed and united, usually by being fused together and dissolving in each other when molten; as, brass is an alloy of copper and zinc. This leaves no room for impurities. Jesus prayed in John 17: 20-23 “...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that Thou has sent Me. And the glory which Thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are one: I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou has loved Me.”
He is telling them, and us that we must keep ourselves pure and separated from the sexual and worldly lust and be united intimately with Him. Those who have not gotten caught in this trap He says to them: “ I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come."
Repent, do what is right in His site and you will receive a
Reward: To him will I give power over the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers even as I received of My Father. AND I will give him the morning star.
Facts about brass is from the on-line encyclopedia: Wikipedia
* Definition of alloy and propitiation is from Webster’s New International Dictionary 2nd edition