Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sweater Loom-a-Long Part 6

"Throw-on Sweater" because it is just what it says--to throw it on.  I didn't make it with button holes or button, just throw it on to keep you warm on chilly days.  The name also relates to the scripture verse:  "Casting all your cares upon Him (the Lord); for He cares for you." 1Peter 5:7 in the King James version.  I also like the New Living Translation that says, "Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you."  This sweater, hopefully will remind us to do this!  The Lord loves you so very much!!

I need to talk at this point about panels.  If you need to make the sweater larger than the loom you have this is what to do:

Measure the width of the sweater back and minus it from your measurement for your back.  Take the difference and divide by 2 (one for each side of the middle panel).   You will need to take this measurement and and a couple of inches for the material relaxing as it comes off the loom.  Follow the directions for the back with one exception--  Since the new panels will be next to the middle panel the side of the new panels that will be sewn next to the middle panel will need to end with the purl stitch on the ribbing rows so there will not be so many knit stitches where they come together.    Make these panels the length of the middle one and stitch together.  Here is a link for the mattress stitch:  http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/mattress.html

Now!  Once the back and fronts are done and panels are made and sewn on, place right sides of the front and back together and stitch together at the shoulders.

Place this on your shoulders so you can see how far off the shoulders it comes.  Measure the length from this point to the wrist.  Also determine how far under the arm you would like your sleeve to go and place a marker on front and back.

Measure between markers.  This is how wide the tops of your sleeves need to end up.  Now measure wrist to the circumference you would like.  Find the center of the loom and cast on stitches to that many inches.

Sleeve (make 2)
Knit 3 and purl 3 ending in knit 3 for nine rows.

Row 10:  knit for 20 rows.

Row 21: * add new loop at the end of the  row this way:  before knitting the last peg make new loop the same way as casting on--bring yarn in front of peg, bring tool from under loop, bring new loop down and over to the empty peg.  Do not knit that new peg yet.  E-wrap the peg before and Knit.  Now knit new loop as the first of next row.

Row 22: Repeat *

Rows 23---26: e wrap and knit Repeat rows 21---26 to the length you measured for the length of your sleeve.  Bind off..

With right sides together lay sleeve on sweater body in proper place putting the center of sleeve top on the shoulder seam sew across using mattress stitch.  Once the sleeves are in place fold sweater in half, match under arm seam and stitch from the bottom of sweater to the cuff of the sleeve on both sides.

If you have any questions please write me at the address in my profile.  Make sure you write something about the loom-a-long in the subject so I don't delete it for spam!  :-D

I will be back with the finishing touches to your sweater!  God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.