Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Placemat

I don't know what the weather is like where you live but here in Michigan it has been a "WOW!!" winter!  There has not been much snow and that is sad for the skiers, sledders, ice skaters and anyone to loves and those who depend on the snow for recreation and for their income. 

I can't believe this March!  The saying goes:  "If it comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb.  But if it comes in like a lamb it will go out like a lion."  This month definitely came in like a lamb and it seems to be staying that way!  HURRAY!!

March 1st I heard and saw the first of the Red Winged black birds.  By the third the Robins showed up then a few days later the Finches.  Now it seems it is full blown spring!!  In the pond next door the Mallard ducks and the Canadian geese are making their nest and making family plans. 

I love this time of year!!  Every thing is new.  The old is gone and the sun is shining.  The days are getting longer and brighter.  It reminds me of what the Lord said in Second Corinthians 5: 17:
...so that if any one is in Christ he or she is a new creature; 
the old things DID pass away, lo, all things have become new.
Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible

This month's placemat pattern is whimsical with a friendly lion and lamb for you to appliqué.  I won't have much instruction this month.  You can refer to other placemat patterns on the list at the right for applique instructions.  I have the picture for placement of the pieces.  

You will need a copy of the pattern.  You can find this on the right listed under "Links to my Patterns".  The pattern is color coded so you will need to trace out each pattern piece separately.  Cut out the pieces out of appropriate color fabrics.  You choose the colors.  You can choose "life-like" colors or what ever you would like to choose.  Here is the picture:
 
For each placemat you will need:
15 x 18 fabrics for each of the front background, stabilizer, and backing
Fat quarter for lion's body, face, ears
Fat quarter for lamb
Fat quart for lion's face
scraps for rest--eyes mouth, noses

Follow picture above for placement of pieces and machine applique on.  Layer and bind off using your favorite method.  As you can see I made mine oval but you can make your rectangle if you wish.

I apologize for this being such a short tutorial but if you have any questions about this pattern please write me at the  email address in my profile.  Make sure you write something about this pattern, such as, 'March placemat' or something similar so I don't delete your message as spam.  

Thank you for looking!  Have a great day!  God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.