Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Homemade bath powder

Homemade Bath/Deodorant Powder

This is great stuff!  Use after shower or bath.  This is made as a deodorant.  I don't like using commercial products that have aluminum.  I don't believe that is healthy for anyone.  It has become so hard to find deodorant without it.  So I made my own product!

Ingredients are very simple--just 3!

One box of corn starch
1 Cup of soda
1.25 ounces of cinnamon

That is it!

Cornstarch is to help with absorption, soda for odor control, 
cinnamon is a natural deodorizer.
Mix all ingredients in bowl.
 If you have an old powder box with a powder puff that would be great!  But I haven't seen one of those in years.  What I did is saved a couple of powder shaker containers.  I had to remove the lids with a flat head screw driver.  If you need to do this be very careful not to let it slip and stab yourself.
Here I started to fill the containers using a funnel.  
But what really worked best was making a funnel with a clean sheet of paper and cutting a hole just large enough to go inside the opening of the shaker bottle.  That worked really well.  You can see above it makes a nice light tan color.  And OH it smells so good!!

This recipe makes one and 1/2 shaker containers!!
And there you have it!! Some great homemade powdered deodorant!
Do I dare say this?  ;-/  It makes a great gift for all your 'stinky' friends!!   (And 'stinky' relatives too!!)
HaHA!!

God bless!


Good Morning!  This morning I had another thought about putting this powder in containers.  Use a glass jar with the lid--probably a couple of narrow jar such as olives come in.  Punch a few holes in the center of the lid.  You don't want too many holes, but a few in the center.  Voila!  But be very careful not to drop this in the tub or shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.