Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Destination: PRAISE

We all get into a slump and even discouraged.  Some people suffer from depression.  Quite often what most people suffer from is the "Poor Me" syndrome.  What can be done about this?  The Lord has the answer in His Word!  This is a sermon my pastor gave this past Sunday and I wanted to share some of it with you.

Psalm 47
1 O clap your hands, all you people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
2 For the Lord most high is terrible, He is a great King over all the earth.
3 He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under ouir feet.
4 He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom He loved.  Selah.
5 God is gone up with a shout,the Lord with the sound of a trumpet.
6 Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
7 For God is the King of all the earth:  Sing praises with understanding.
8 God reigns over the heathen:   God sits upon the  throne of His holiess.
9 The princes of the people are gathered together, even the people of the God of Abraham:  For the shields of the earth belong unto God:  He is greatly exalted.

There is a lot of excitement in these verses reason being is that God is AWESOME  and is the awesome CONQUEROR!!

Here are some of the things that praise does:
A)  First and foremost it gets us off from thinking about ourselves and places us where we should be:  In the presence of God, the One who created us and deserves our praise.  It gets us to thinking about Him instead of ourselves.

B)  It leads us into the mission that God has for us, to be 'watchmen'.  
Isaiah 62:6-7 says this:  I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night:  You that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence.  And give Him no Rest, till He establish, and till He make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

We are to praise and NOT shut up about what God has done.  Part of praise is to tell the story--HIS-story!  Speaking forth the awesomeness of God!!  We are to show the world something different!  
We are to show them what God has done!

C)  Praise leads us into JOY!!  To a lame man begging near the temple in Israel, Peter said, 'Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have I give to you:  In the name fo Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk!'  And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up:  And immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.  And he leaping up stood, and walked and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God!!  And all the people saw him walking and praising God:  And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which happened unto him.  Acts 3:6-10

I really want to encourage you that if you do not know Jesus to get to know Him.  He is for you and He loves you so much.  He has so much for you!!  Give Him a chance to make a difference in your life.  He says in Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is Good:  Blessed is the man, woman or child that trust in Him!

If you have any questions about the Lord, need prayer or want to know more, Or maybe you have questions about how to get to know Jesus, write me to the address I have in my profile.  I would love to hear from you and will try to help.  I will certainly pray for you.  Make sure to write: 'Destination:  PRAISE' in the subject line so I don't delete your message as spam.  God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.