Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Monday, December 5, 2011

LAL Two ways to knit

I hope all of you are enjoying this LAL.  I know it is a busy time of year.  I promise I won't take this very fast.  Most of it will be done after Christmas, so just enjoy the doing of it and if you can't get started until after this busy time that is ok.  I want to thank you for joining me and I will be making pdf files for these directions for you to down-load.

But first I want to go over how to knit.  There are two ways to knit.  One is the e-wrap and the other is the flat stitch. 

Here are the directions for the e-wrap:
Depending on which way you casted on:  right to left or left to right you will be going back in the opposite direction.  So from the place you ended bring the wy to the back of the first peg and ...
 bring it to the opposite side of that peg...

 around toward the front of the same...
 bring around the front to the back
 around the back of that peg again to the next peg
and repeat.
Your e-wrap should look like a series of small case cursive e (plural es).  Put your tool in the bottom of the loop and bring it up and over the yarn and off the peg.  You can wrap all your pegs with the e-wrap and then knit off the series.  Do not wrap or knit the last peg, but bring the yarn around the peg to knit as the first peg of the next row.

Flat knit:
 Bring your wy to the front above the loop that is on the peg...
 put your tool in the bottom of the loop...
bring loop up and over the yarn and off the peg.  You will then have a new loop on that peg.  Move on to the next peg and to the end of the row.  Do not knit the last peg but bring the wy around the peg and knit it as the first peg of the next row.  This will give you a very nice edge for sewing panels together.

I hope this is a help.  Please write me if you have any questions.  I would like to hear from you.  Write me at my address in my profile and make sure to put in the subject line something about this LAL so I don't delete your note as spam.  Thank you.  God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.