Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Table Runner for Thanksgiving!

I have two lovely patterns for you this month.  First is  a pumpkin table runner that I hope you will enjoy for Thanksgiving.

Here is what you will need to make this runner:

1/3 yard of fabric for the top plus a fat quarter for leaves
12" x  45" of stablizer, thick interfacing or Timtex or something similar. 
1/3 yard fabric for the back
Fat quarter for pumpkins
Stuffing
Print pattern from the right side under "Links to my Patterns"

Layer:
Place the backing face down, stablizer, and the top face up.

Now is the time to round out the corners if you want to.  You can use a small plate to do this or a template if you have one.

Now set your serger or sewing machine up with decorative thread.  I love to use my serger for this because it finishes the edges so nicely.  If you are using a sewing machine trim all around so all the layers' edges match.   Also set you sewing machine on a wide zig-zag stitch with the stitches close together--satin-stitch.  Sew or serge around the edges.




Now cut out the circles, two of each size for the pumpkins and 6 small circles for the stem.  Thread a hand needle and do a running stitch all around the circles.


Fold under about 1/4" on the stems

Before you knot the thread pull to gather.  Before pull too tightly stuff with the stuffing until it is quite full and yet still squishy.  Pull the thread fairly snug and tie off.

Place the stem on top of the hole on the pumpkin and stitch down.  OOOPPSS!!  You might want to use matching thread on the stem!!!



Arrange and sew pumpkins in place, 3 on opposite corners.

Now on to the leaves.

Cut leaf pattern as directed on the pattern out of leaf fabric.  An easy way to do this is to fold the fabric in half, wrong sides together with the stabilizer in between.  Lay the pattern on top and cut four times.

Put decorative thread in sewing machine and with a narrower satin-stitch sew around.  Because of the sharp turns of the leaf it is easier to do this on the sewing machine rather than the serger.

Now put machine on straight-stitch and sew in veins.

Place one on either side of groupings of pumpkins, follow the center vein and  stitch in place.

Now if you want put metallic thread in your needle on the sewing machine, drop the feed-dogs (or cover them if you can't drop them) and make some free-motion tendrils.  I use chalk to mark where I wanted the tendrils to go.  You can see the chalk marks very well in this picture!

There you have it!  A beautiful table runner for your Thanksgiving table.  I hope you enjoy making this project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.