Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

November Placemat

I am sorry this is late.  WOW  things can sure get in the way.  I think for the Christmas PAM I will put that up at the end of November instead of waiting.

Here is the placemat for this month.  I hope you will enjoy it.
What you will need for each placemat:
1 fat quarter for the front
1 fat quarter for the back
           or 1/2 yard if you want them the same
1 fat quarter or scrap pieces for the pumpkins
Scrap green for stems
15 x 21 stabilizer
Stuffing
Print out pattern for pumpkins and stems which are located on the right side of my website under "Links to my Patterns".

Cut front, backing and stabilizer to measure 15 x 21.  To make sure they are all the same size is to layer and cut all at once.

Now cut out the circles for the pumpkins and the stems.  Arrange the circles where you would like them on the lower left-hand corner of the mat but not too close to the edge.

Put decorative thread in your machine and statin stitch around leaving an opening at the top. 



Stuff with stuffing but not too firmly.

Sew the top closed.



Now place your next pumpkin to the left of this one and pin in place
Again sew around the circle leaving the  top portion open for stuffing.
Stuff and sew close.  Now repeat for the last and smaller pumpkin either in front or on the right side.  I did mine in the front.

Sew lines on each of your pumpkins for the grooves.  Now cut the stems out of the stem fabric.  Place on the pumpkins at different angles sew around and leave the tops open for stuffing.
Stuff


I want you to see here that I had marked the stem for dimention.  I will sew on that line after each stem is stuffed.




Then close top and sew on line.
Now bind off in your favor method of binding, either with fabic strip cut to 2-1/2 inches or statin stich around edges or serge with decorative thread.  Enjoy your placemat for Thanksgiving!!  God bless!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.