Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Aren't we too young to sew?

Absolutely NOT!!!  
Here are a couple of the Grands diligently sewing on a surprise quilt they are making for their Mom and Dad for Christmas.  They are adding sashing to their blocks.  They are half way done and did a great job!!  This was so much fun!



This is what they have done so far.  The pictures were taken from coloring books.  I copied the pictures with a fabric marker onto the fabric and the boys colored them with crayons and with fabric markers.  The pictures were then set with a hot iron with a paper towel over the picture so the wax wouldn't get on the iron.  Then I put them in the dryer on hot setting just to make sure!

 I did have to put color masking tape down on the machine just in front of the foot so they would know to keep the fabric on the edge of the tape, to keep the fabric going straight.  I told them it is like driving a car, you have to "steer" the fabric to keep it where it needs to go.   I did pin the two fabrics together but kept them away from the foot so they didn't have to take them out as they sewed.  This was their first experience and I wanted it to be good for them.  It wasn't good...it was GREAT!

It is work in progress!  And they are doing great.  They were not sure they could do this.  They learned they could and they were so excited.  First boy said, "Sewing is fun!"  Second boy parroted, "Sewing is fun!"  First boy, "We can do this!"  Second boy parroted, "We can do this!"  Sewing gives kids great confidence.  They had a ball and can't wait til next time!!

Find simple projects for your child or grandchildren to do.  They will love it.  Keep it simple and easy and fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.