Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Misery Sauce

Take 1 set of feelings (parboiled),
1 lb. envy,
1 lb. egotism,
1 qt. tears,
1 tsp. being misundertood,
2 qts. selfishness.

Mix the feelings as fine as possible; stir in the envy thoroughly, then add the egotism, which must be very strong, as much of the success of the sauce depends upon a woman's never thinking of any one but herself.  Put in the tears, drop by drop, to spread them out as much as possible, and mix in the flavor of misunderstanding, while things are hot.  Saturate the mixture thoroughly with selfishness, and set away in the mind to ferment.  Those who enjoy being unhappy, should always keep this in the house.  It can be applied like a salad dressing, to any kind of circumstances, and enough of it can be concocted at a moment's notice to last a month. 

One thing about misery sauce is this:  That it will not keep in fresh air and sunshine.  Mrs. Jane L. Shaw (Kalamazoo, 1906)

Taken from:  Walnut Pickles and Watermelon Cake; A Century of Michigan Cooking, by Larry B. Massie and Priscilla Massie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.