Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Friday, June 17, 2011

July Placemat Versions 2 PAM

July Placemat pattern Version 2
Pattern is a download on the right side of this page.
These are my own patterns.  Please
do not share them, sell them, or
claim them as your own.  You may
sell what you make from my
patterns if you wish.  You may share
the link to my website:  http://
michiganloonyloomer.blogspot.com/
I have made two versions of this
July pattern.  For each version you will need the following to make one:
1 fat quarter white
1 fat quarter red
1 fat quarter blue (1FQ of blue will make 3 of either placemat.)


With large triangle pattern cut:
1 blue
3 red
4 white
Lay out alternately like above picture.






Place a white piece on top of a color piece and place pattern template on top.  Insert pin where the two dotted lines come together. 




Sew down on the right side of each two.  Sew down to where the pin is inserted.  DO NOT sew off the end of the unit just to the pin.
Press first on the wrong side, pressing all the seams to the darker fabric.
                          Then press on the top side to set the seams.
Now  put two unit right sides together.  Make sure you are keeping the colors in order.  Move the seam to one side and insert a pin at the end of the first seam--where the 2 dotted lines came together on the pattern.  Now sew on the right side from top to where the pin is inserted.




Again press all seams in the same directions.  Then press on the top to set seams.



Put two units right sides together.  Move the seams aside and place pin at the end of the seam.





                       

                Sew to the pin.











Now do the same to the other side of this unit.







Press all the seams in the same direction.












When done right the center makes a pretty flower.  Arrange the center and press.  This also allows for the piece to lay flat and not bulge in the center.







Now cut backing and batting.  This is a good place to use batting pieces if necessary.  If you do put batting together and use a large zigzag.




Cut binding 2-1/2 inches wide and 60 inches long.  With wrong sides together sew on from the back.  Bring fold to the front and you can either machine stitch or hand stitch down.

Your version 2 of this pattern is done!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.