Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Friday, June 17, 2011

July Place-mat for the PAM version one.

July Placemat
Pattern is a down load on the right side of page.
These are my own patterns.  Please do not share them, sell them, or claim them as your own.  You may sell what you make from my patterns if you wish.  You may share the link to my website:  http://michiganloonyloomer.blogspot.com/
I have made two versions of this July pattern.  For each version you will need the following to make one:

1 fat quarter white
1 fat quarter red
1 fat quarter blue (1FQ of blue will make 3 of either placemat.)

VERSION ONE:
Using the narrower triangle and keep the fabric face up.  Because of the angle of the template you will need to cut as follows:
6 red with template face up
7 white with template face down
2 blue with template face up
1 blue with template face down


This is the way the pieces look laid out.  The hole will disappear after sewn together.

Starting with the very top blue and white, and with every each two (the first blue and white, the next red and white and so on) put right sides together.


Use 1/4 inch on all seams.  Sew down the straight side (not the angled side) of the pieces.  Do this for each two.  This will be the center seam of each two piece unit.


Press all the seams the same directions!   First on the back side then on the top side.


 Put two units together in order according to the layout picture above.






Using the larger template on
top and  mark where the two sides of the dotted line come together insert a pin.  Keep pin there and remove template.  It helps to have a small head pin.



Put pin through the back unit as well.  Moving previous seams out of the way, sew from the top to where the pin is inserted.  Press all the seams one way, first on the back and then on the front to set the seams.


Place two units together and keeping the seams aside, place pin through the two.  Sew down on the right side still keeping the previous seams out of the way.  Stop where the pin inserted.  Now do this to the left side.

Press seams all the same way.  Press on right side Put two units together.

Open the unit and press all seams in one direction.  Open the center where all seams come together and press--all in one direction.  If done right this will make a “flower”…something like this to the left.  The reason for doing this is to eliminate a bulge in the center.  This makes the center to lay flat.





Almost done!  Now cut your batting and backing and layer.





I did not quilt this but you can if you wish.  This would be good to use the stitch in the ditch.


Cut binding 2-1/2 inches wide and 60 inches long.  Fold binding in half long ways with wrong side together.  Sew of from the back, turn to the front and top stitch down.  Now your first version of the July Placemat is done!

The pattern and directions for versions 1 and 2 are down-loads to the right side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.