Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Recipe from the Prewitt Kitchen!!

Macaroni-Tuna Salad

I love making up my own recipes!  I am a great cook! and here is another recipe I want to share with you all.  I meet with a group of ladies to sew once a month.  One lady in particular cannot have any acids such as vinegar, lemon juice and other acidic foods.  I wanted to make this salad and had the thought to replace mayonnaise with olive oil.  WOW!  I won't make another macaroni salad with mayonnaise!  This was so tasty!  I hope you enjoy it.  This recipe is for a large serving bowl and can be modified.

4 cups of macaroni covered with water and cooked until softened-not mushy
            Drain the water in a colander and let set there while cooking...
5-6 eggs.  Cover with water and bring to boil, then turn off stove cover pan
            let set for 10 minutes.  Drain water, cool with cold water and remove  
            shell.
Put macaroni in large serving bowl.  Add chopped eggs and the following ingredients:
1-1/2 cups peas
1-1/2 cups corn
1-1/2 cups lima beans
            The 3 above can be from frozen and thawed with the hot water from
             draining the macaroni and eggs.
1 red sweet pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil, pour over enough to coat all ingredients.

You can add other vegetables if you like, such as carrots, onion, broccoli--the list goes on--add whatever you would like.  The "secret" ingredient is the olive oil.  A great replacement to mayonnaise or salad dressing.
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Dates Added

I just added dates to the patterns under "Links to my patterns" so you will know where to find the tutorials that go with them. Please find the tutorials under the year, month and day listed next to the pattern listed. Thanks and enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to write me at the address in my profile.

Remember these are my own patterns that I drew the patterns for and wrote the tutorials for. I offer these patterns for free for you to make for yourself, as gifts, or even to sell BUT please do NOT claim my patterns as your own or put them on your website. You may put a link to my site on your website. Please be respectful. You would want the same respect for your patterns. Thank you. God bless.

Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs

This "Pre-Op for Sweaters and Shrugs" is to help you with sizing. There is a place for arm length, body length, wrist size---every thing you need to keep track of to make my sweaters and shrugs. The download button is on the right. You can copy off as many as you need sweaters and shrugs for. If you have any questions about this please let me know and I will try to help.